Entry into Care Roles Skill Set (CHCSS00114)
The COVID-19 pandemic has placed an unprecedented strain on the aged care and disability support workforce, impacting a range of job roles in those sectors. Industry feedback and employment statistics show that there is demand for rapid upskilling of a ‘surge’ workforce to fill aged care assistant, disability support and client assistant roles.
This skill set addresses the skills and knowledge required to provide entry level support for basic client care for a range of roles and purposes required within the aged care and disability support sectors. The support provided in client care will be predominantly non-direct, with some basic direct client care, in order to maintain the safety of both the learner and client in care.
The course involves:
3 units of competency
• CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
• HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
• HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
Prerequisites: There are no entry requirements for this course.
Before you enrol you’ll need to:
• successfully complete a pre-course interview with us
• be willing to obtain a Police Check before your placement.