In July we held another successful family forum, which was attended by over 50 people. Hosted by our CEO Nick Mac Hale, our forums are an opportunity to keep our families, friends and carers in the loop regarding everything “Brite”. They also give you a chance to tell us how we’re going. Topics in July included:
- Our business growth and updates
- New and ongoing training courses and independent living skills programs
- New team introductions
- Site upgrades (canteen and others)
- The world of NDIS and family planning meetings
- Our new SMS text messaging system
- Our updated policies: code of conduct, dress code and performance management
- Our external customer surveys coming soon
Our families also raised some great opportunities on how we can continue to improve communication, striking a balance between advocacy and independence; and how this fits into the NDIS world of “choice and control”. There will be exciting updates on this in future forums.
Thank you to all who attended and to the team who helped to set-up and coordinate the event. Our next family forum will be in a few months and is open to everybody. Look out for the SMS and reminders in our newsletter.
Hope to see you there next time.